Historic Markers Across Tennessee



New Bethel Baptist Church



Marker ID: THC 3A 100
Location: on Dickerson Road, Goodlettsville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

New Bethel Baptist Church (formerly White's Creek) was organized in 1794 six miles north of Nashville on White's Creek Pike, through the labors of Daniel Brown, Joshua White, Nathan Arnett, and Patrick Mooney. It was moved to Dickerson Road in 1837 and the name changed to New Bethel in 1854. It was one of five churches in the organization of Mero District Association, the first one in Middle Tennessee, organized in 1796.