Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Hubbard House



Marker ID: THC 3A 123
Location: 1109 First Avenue South, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 8.822    W 086° 45.838
  36.14703333    -86.76396666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMGCMY
Hubbard House



Text:

Built about 1921 from donations of Meharry Medical College alumni and trustees, Hubbard House served as the retirement home of Dr. George W. Hubbard, a founder and head of Meharry for 44 years. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places due to its architecture and its link to Dr. Hubbard, this building is the last remnant of the original Meharry campus.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission