Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Goodlettsville Cumberland Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: THC 3A 204
Location: on South Main Street (U.S. 31W), Goodlettsville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 19.133    W 086° 42.767
  36.31888333    -86.71278333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

In 1843, Goodlettsville Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized near Mansker Creek and was originally known as Mansker Creek Congregation. In January 1848, the church moved to the present location and burned in 1901. The present edifice was built in 1902. The congregation has remained active for more than 150 years.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.