Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Nobles Corner



Marker ID:  
Location: 101 Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 2.229    W 086° 47.209
  36.03715    -86.78681666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Nobles Corner


This 5 acres on the corner of Old Hickory Boulevard and Franklin Road was bought by A. H. Noble in 1929. A registered pharmacist, he operated a drug store here for nearly 20 years when the pharmacy was converted to a restaurant by Albert's son Glenn Noble and his wife Iva Lee. The restaurant continued under various managements until 1989. The motel, also built and operated by the Noble family, opened in 1954. Jean Noble Frank built a building on the property that was used for 26 years as Brentwood's post office.



Brentwood Heritage Award