Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Holy Trinity Episcopal Church



Marker ID: NHC 9
Location: at the intersection of 6th Avenue South and Lafayette Street, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 9.187    W 086° 46.533
  36.15311666    -86.77555
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMAQ5
 



Text:

This building, renowned for its pure Gothic architecture and harmony of proportions, was designed by Wills & Dudley of New York, in a style suggesting and English village church. The cornerstone was laind May 7, 1852, by Bishop James Otey. The church was used as a powder magazine for several months during the Civil War.

Erected 1968 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.