Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Disciples of Christ Historical Society



Marker ID: NHC 71
Location: on 19th Avenue South south of Scaritt Place, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 8.738    W 086° 47.844
  36.14563333    -86.7974
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMCZ60
 



Text:

Library and archives of the 19th c. American religious unity movement which became: the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ); Christian Churches; and Churches of Christ. Located here, 1958, in the Thomas W. Phillips Memorial. Architects: Hoffman & Crumpton; Hart, Freeland & Roberts. Sculptor: Puryear Mims. Stained glass artist: Gus Baker.

Erected 1980 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.