Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Radnor College



Marker ID: NHC 97
Location: On McClellan Ave. near Nolensville Pike (US 31/41A), Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 06.083    W 086° 44.436
  36.10138333    -86.7406
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMD4T8
 



Text:

Two blocks west, on the hill, stood Radnor, a college for young women. Founded by A.N. Eshman in 1906, it gained national attention for its complimentary educational tours for students. After the school closed in 1914, a printing plant on campus served until 1924 as the Cumberland Presbyterian Publishing House. In 1921, a spectacular fire claimed the college’s main building.

The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County


Notes:

Erected 1995