Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Christ Church Cathedral/Old Christ Church (1831~1890)



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: 900 Broadway, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 9.515    W 086° 46.99
  36.15858333    -86.78316666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMAQ1
 



Text:

Front
Organized in 1829, Christ Church was Nashville's first Episcopal parish. The present Victorian Gothic church designed by Francis Hatch Kimball of New York, opened for service on Dec. 16, 1894; the tower , by local architect Russell E. Hart was added in 1947. Designate the Cathedral for the Diocese of Tennessee at the 1995 Diocesan Convention.

Reverse
(Image of Church)
Sixth Avenue N. & Church Street
Hugh Roland, Architect

Erected 1995 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.