Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Belle Vue



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: 7306 Old Harding Road
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The original log part of this house was built about 1818 by Abram DeMoss and named for the house his father Lewis DeMoss, built in 1797 overlooking the Harpeth River a mile southwest. In time the name was given to the Nashville and Northwestern Railroad depot and to the U.S. Post Office. Thus the Bellevue community owes its name to this historic site.

The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.


Notes:

Corrections: The original log part of this house is now thought to have been built by John Garrett. The left front section was built by Thomas Harding around 1802, and the right section which connected the two sections of the house was built about 1820 by Abram and Betsy DeMoss. It was named for the house his father, Lewis DeMoss, built about 1800 overlooking the Harpeth River a mile southwest. Erected: 1971