Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Heaton's Station



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: Lock Road at end of Seminary Avenue, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 11.995    W 086° 47.259
  36.19991666    -86.78765
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

On this bluff in 1780, pioneers who came with James Robertson built Heaton’s (also spelled Eaton’s) station. It and two other forts (Freeland’s and Nashborough) withstood all Indian attacks and saved the Cumberland settlements. On the river below were successively a buffalo fort, ferry and Lock No. 1. The home of Amos Heaton stood 100 feet north.


Notes:

Erected: 1968