Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Hill Forest



Marker ID: NHC 
Location:
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

In 1910, H.G. Hill, Sr. purchased this 324 acres including an old-growth forest west of downtown Nashville. He refused to allow the trees to be sold for timber, and fenced the forest to keep his cattle from damaging the centuries-old trees. Hill enjoyed its pristine beauty throughout his lifetime. In 2009, the Friends of Warner Parks purchased the land from the Hill family, ensuring that this ancient forest in an urban setting will continue to be preserved.


Notes:

Not erected as of this date