Historic Markers Across Tennessee



J. W. Price Fire Hall



Marker ID: NHC 
Location:
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Constructed in 1892 for Hose Company #1, this building is one of the earliest extant fire halls in Nashville. The upstairs housed firefighters while the lower floor stabled the company’s two horses. R. C. Burk served as the first Captain. The fire hall was renamed for J.W. Price, a local businessman, c1910. In 1993, the building reopened as a branch of the Nashville Public Library, and is named for State Legislators Charles and Mary Pruitt.


Notes:

Erected: 2011