Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Mount Pisgah Community



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: 6245 Mount Pisgah Road
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

In 1867, Jane Watson deeded land to several African-American families, many of them her former slaves. First called Watson Town, the community became known as Mt. Pisgah by 1871. The Methodist Episcopal Church North organized a church here in 1866 and bought an acre of land from William Holt in 1869 for a church and school building. The second church building, used 1916-1976, stood along the Owen & Winstead Pike, now Edmondson Pike.

Donated by the Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church.


Notes:

Erected: 2001