Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Oglesby Community House



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: Old Hickory Bv. & Edmondson Pk.
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Built 1898, the Mary Lee Academy, the second school in the Oglesby Community, was named for its first teacher, Miss Mary Lee Clark. The county bought the school in 1906. The name changed to Ogilvie in honor of the land donor, Benton H. Ogilvie, and later becames Oglesby. In 1943, the schoolhouse was given back to the Oglesby Community.

The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.


Notes:

Erected: 1982