Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Old Hickory Triangle



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: Old Hickory Village Triangle
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

This intersection, known as “The Triangle,” served as the commercial core of Old Hickory from the 1920s through the 1940s. A variety of shops were located here, including a grocery, bank, general store, barber shop, restaurants, and doctors’ offices, as well as the bus station and YMCA. The Public Works Administration built the Colonial Revival Post Office in 1934-35.

The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.


Notes:

Erected: 2002