Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Transfer Station Site



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: Near 3rd Ave entrance to Commerce-Union Parking Garage
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Site of electric street railway transfer station 1902-1940. Electric streetcar service began formally on April 30, 1889 replacing mule-drawn streetcars which had served the city since 1866. Final run for the electric streetcars was Feb. 2, 1941 on Radnor line. Operation of bus system began Aug. 4, 1940 on Hillsboro-Sunset line.

The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.


Notes:

Erected: 1970