Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Two Rivers Mansion



Marker ID: NHC 
Location: In front of Two Rivers Mansion on McGavock Pike.
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Built in 1859 by David H. McGavock, this mansion stands on land inherited by McGavock’s wife, Willie, from her father, William Harding. The smaller house to the left was built in 1802. Dr. James Priestley’s Academy, established about 1816, was located on the 1,100 acre farm 1 mile from the mansion on the Cumberland River bluff.


Notes:

Erected: 1968