Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Cane Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: NHC 
Location:
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Cane Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Church, built in 1859, replaced a log building which occupied land donated by Edwin Austin & Thomas Boaz in 1826.  One of the best known pastors was Hugh Bone Hill, who also preached at the Jerusalem Church in Rutherford County.  Isaac Johnson, a Revolutionary War soldier, died 1839 and is buried in the church cemetery.


Notes:

Erected: 1982