Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Old Graveyard



Marker ID: THC 3F 39
Location: on Cemetery Street (TN 31S), Pulaski, TN
County: Giles
Coordinates: N 35° 11.55    W 087° 2.052
  35.1925    -87.0342
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMV3WX
 



Text:

Site of the first graveyard in Pulaski. Used for interments from 1817 until 1888. The first pastor of the local Presbyterian Church is buried here along with ten former mayors and other prominent citizens of the time. In 1968 the abandoned graveyard was converted to this passive park and historical monument by the City of Pulaski and the U.S. Government.

Tennessee Historical Commission