Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation



Marker ID:  
Location: intersection of Main St and Oak Hill St, Mosheim, TN
County: Greene
Coordinates: N 36° 11.402    W 082° 57.499
  36.19003333    -82.95831666
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Blue Springs
Lutheran Congregation

Organized Prior to 1811.


Near here stood it's three buildings. The first was constructed of logs. The second, a brick structure, build before the Civil War, and used by General Ambrose E. Burnside for a hospital following the Battle of Blue Springs in 1863. Last, a frame building, erected by the Rev. F.M. Harr in 1893, and still standing in 1971.