Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Chattanooga Public Library



Marker ID: THC 2A 45
Location: Chattanooga, TN
County: Hamilton
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Chattanooga Public Library opened in 1905 at the corner of Georgia Avenue and East Eighth Street, in a building given by Andrew Carnegie and furnished by gifts from patriotic citizens. It was moved to this location in 1940. From 1880 to 1925, this was the site of the First District School.