Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Lincoln Park



Marker ID:  
Location: at the intersection of Central Ave and Blackford St, Chattanooga, TN
County: Hamilton
Coordinates: N 35° 02.922    W 085° 17.238
  35.0487    -85.2873
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM8DZ5
 



Text:

Lincoln Park Chattanooga's first playground for the African-American community was dedicated April 12, 1918. This stone gateway is the site of the original entrance and is rededicated on this day. September 14, 1996, to the leaders and cisitens of the community and the Community Neighborhood Enterprise.