Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Old Cemetery - First Presbyterian Church of Rogersville



Marker ID:  
Location: On W Washington St. west of S Depot St., Rogersville, TN
County: Hawkins
Coordinates: N 36° 24.349    W 083° 00.410
  36.40581666    -83.00683333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM68QF
 



Text:

Old Cemetery
First Presbyterian Church of Rogersville


The Church was organized in 1805 and in 1824 this cemetery was first used. In 1838 the Church split into the Old School or First Church and the New School or Second Church and this cemetery continued in use by the First Church. In 1881 the two churches were merged under the name of Rogersville Presbyterian Church. This cemetery, as well as the one adjacent to the Church building on Kyle St., is supported and used by theRogersville Presbyterian Church.