Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Tiptonville Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: THC 4B 31
Location: at the intersection of Church Street (Tennessee Route 21) and Cedar Street (Tennessee Route 22), Tiptonville, TN
County: Lake
Coordinates: N 36° 22.686    W 089° 28.532
  36.3781    -89.47553333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2BG6
 



Text:

Organized in October 1880 by Rev. J.E. Carne. Charter members were R.S. Bradford and two daughters, Mr. and Mrs. J.D. Arnett, Mr. and Mrs. A.B. Cook, Mrs. Emma Whitford Alexander, Richard Owen and wife, Nimmie Tipton Owen, daughter of William Tipton, early settler for whom Tiptonville was named. Present building was erected in 1892, Rev. William Thorne, pastor, Richard Owen, builder.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.