Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Confederate Park



Marker ID: UDC 
Location: the intersection of Elk Avenue South and College Street East (Business U.S. 64), Fayetteville, TN
County: Lincoln
Coordinates: N 35° 9.1    W 086° 34.167
  35.15166666    -86.56945
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Confederate Park, the northeast corner of the courthouse yard, was deeded to the Zollicoffer-Fulton Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, by the Quarterly Court. The chapter unveiled the Confederate Monument on September 6, 1906. Standing tall, facing north with a commanding view of the two cannons, the Confederate private at parade rest has a frank and fearless look. The statue was made in Carrara, Italy. Mr. Lewis Peach, a Confederate veteran of Lincoln County, erected the monument. The pedestal is of white Georgia marble and the base is of Bedford Stone.

Erected by Zollicoffer-Fulton Chapter, U.D.C.