Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Confederate Enlistment Station



Marker ID:  
Location: on East Main Street (State Highway 151), Red Boiling Springs, TN
County: Macon
Coordinates: N 36° 31.817    W 085° 50.672
  36.53028333    -85.84453333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Red Boiling Springs served as a station during the early part of the war between the states. The 30th TN. Infantry regiment was officially organized Oct. 22nd 1861 with the following companies enrolled here.

Co. A, Co. B were men from Robertson Co.
Co. C, Co. E, Co. F were men from Sumner Co.
Co. G were men from Macon Co.
Co. H were men from Robertson and Sumner Co.
Co. K were men from Roberston Co.

Company E 28th Tn. Infantry established a training camp in this vicinity. "Red Springs" was located on the turnpike between Carthage Tn. and southern Ky. and saw heavy use from both armies.

Erected by Jim Davis Camp #1425, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Lafayette, TN.