Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Lambuth College



Marker ID: THC 4D 30
Location: on Lambuth Boulevard south of Linden Street, Jackson, TN
County: Madison
Coordinates: N 35° 37.387    w 088° 49.603
  35.62311666    -88.82671666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM1Q1Q
 



Text:

Chartered in 1843 as the Memphis Conference Female Institute by the Memphis Conference, Methodist Episcopal Church, its first president was Dr.Lorenzo Lea. It became coeducational and received its present name in 1923. shortly thereafter it moved to its present location from Chester Street.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.