Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Jones' Anglewood



Marker ID:  
Location: At the intersect of Beech Bluff Rd / E Checster St. and Mifflin / N Parkway E, Jackson, TN
County: Madison
Coordinates: N 35° 36.486    W 088° 45.985
  35.6081    -88.76641666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMHAQM
 



Text:

Jones' Anglewood
Established in 1824

Home of William Norwood and Bessie Mae Jones


This marker is dedicated in special honor and memory of Mary Ruth daughter and sister 1924 to 2003, who had special love for this home living here until her death. Also dedicated to all the family, friends and neighbors of the fine community especially the E. R. Truett family of nine who lived next door who loved and enjoyed gathering here for games especially tennis, kick the can, hide and go seek, red rover, football, baseball, sliding on the cellar roof, story telling, reunions, ladies aid society, 4 H Club and Club band, parties, fishing and swimming in Jones Creek with Mama Jones and just getting together and spending some of their good times of life here.

Thanks Be To God



Side 2:
Home of William Norwood Jones
Merchant, Rural mail carrier, farmer 6-20-1878 to 2-22-1947

Bessie Mae Scammerhorn Jones
Homemaker for eleven children 12-21-1891 to 3-5-1973


The original homesite consisted of 14 acres, home, tennis court, buggy shed, food cellar, barn for farm animals, tenant home, two ponds, orchards and a special place for the eleven Jones children to live.

Imogene Jones Tisdale, Norwood Elton Jones, Mary Ruth Jones Everett, Jasper Eason Jones, Oliver Henderson Jones, Ora Louise Jones Tisdale, Bessie Eva Jones Butler, and Levoy Payton Jones. They all loved and enjoyed this special homesite, the friends, the caring and wonderful hospitality of this fine East Union Community.

Thanks Be To God