Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Branham and Hughes Military Academy



Marker ID: THC 3D 50
Location: 5350 Main Street, Spring Hill, TN
County: Maury
Coordinates: N 35° 44.885    W 086° 55.996
  35.74808333    -86.93326666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Founded 1892 as the Campus School, near Vanderbilt University, by William C. Branham and William Hughes. Moved to Spring Hill 1897, and operated as Spring Hill School. The name was changed to Branham and Hughes School in 1898, and to Branham and Hughes Military Academy in 1918. It was operated by W.O. Batts and C.A. Ragsale 1920-31, and by Alfred Hume from 1931 to its close in 1932. In 1934 it became Tennessee Orphans Home.

Tennessee Historical Commission