Historic Markers Across Tennessee



The Barber Shop



Marker ID:  
Location: 210-260 Graham Dr, Union City, TN
County: Obion
Coordinates: N 36° 26.193    W 089° 4.2
  36.43655    -89.07
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

center>The Barber Shop

This building is a reproduction of the Barber Shop that stood on the corner of High and North Church Streets in Rives, Tennessee. Built in 1894, it was run by Sam Dickery and his son, Melvin, until 1967. The original structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and was later donated by James and Pearl Westmoreland to Discovery Park in 2008. Although the exterior could not be salvaged, much of the interior could and has been used here.