Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Red River Church



Marker ID: THC 3C 11
Location: on Murphy St. west of Commerce St., Adams, TN
County: Robertson
Coordinates: N 36° 34.958    W 087° 03.962
  36.58263333    -87.06603333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2H3G
 



Text:

1/2 mile from here is the present site of the Red River Baptist Church. Constituted July 25, 1791, its first location was 1 1/2 miles west, near the south bank of the Red River. It is the first church to be founded west of the Cumberlands. It was moved to its present location in 1898.