Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Cane Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Church



Marker ID:  
Location: on Old Hickory Blvd. south of Red Apple, Antioch, TN
County: Rutherford
Coordinates: N 36° 00.117    W 086° 37.800
  36.00195    -86.63
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM8YY
 



Text:

Cane Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Church, built in 1859, replaced a log building which occupied land donated by Edward Austin & Thomas Boaz in 1826. One of the best known pastors was Hugh Bone Hill who also preached at the Jerusalem Church in Rutherford County. Issac Johnson, a Revolutionary War soldier, is buried in the cemetery.



Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County
Marker No. 81 Erected 1986