Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Henry's Station



Marker ID: THC 1C 43
Location: on Douglas Dam Road (Tennessee Route 139) half a mile south of W. Dumplin Valley Road, 3649 Douglas Dam Road, Kodak, TN
County: Sevier
Coordinates: N 35° 58.382    W 083° 37.563
  35.97303333    -83.62605
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Founded by Maj. Hugh Henry, it was 300 yards from here. On June 10, 1785, the Treaty of Dumplin Creek was signed here by commissioners of the State of Franklin and the chiefs of the Cherokee Nation. Blount, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox and Sevier Counties were opened to settlement. A monument at the spot gives other details.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.