Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Harrisburg Covered Bridge



Marker ID: THC 1C 55
Location: at the intersection of Old Covered Bridge Road and Harrisburg Road on Old Covered Bridge Road, Sevierville, TN
County: Sevier
Coordinates: N 35° 51.662    W 083° 28.936
  35.86103333    -83.48226666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM1JB8
 



Text:

400 yards south, this bridge was built over the East Fork of the Little Pigeon River in 1875 by Elbert Stephenson Early, an area resident who owned Newport Mills. The bridge had deteriorated and its loss was threatened until it was restored in 1972 through the joint efforts of the Great Smokies Chapter and the Spencer Clack Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission