Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Taylor’s Meeting House



Marker ID: THC 1A 35
Location: is on Memorial Boulevard (State Road 126) west of Valley Drive, Blountville, TN
County: Sullivan
Coordinates: N 36° 31.845    W 082° 22.952
  36.53075    -82.38253333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4ZR5
 



Text:

The Presbyterian Church established here in 1773 is probably the first church of any denomination to be established within the borders of Tennessee. It was also used as a fort, and school was held here on Sundays, in pioneer times.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.