Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Trinity In The Fields



Marker ID: THC 4E 11
Location: at the intersection of U.S. 70 and Charleston-Mason Road, Mason, TN
County: Tipton
Coordinates: N 35° 24.932    W 089° 31.75
  35.41553333    -89.52916666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM167P
 



Text:

2½ mi. N. this Protestant Episcopal chapel was built on land given by Maj. William Taylor in 1847. It replaced St. Andrews, established 1834, burned 1845. First rector was the Rev. James W. Rogers. Descendants of the original communicants make an annual pilgrimage here each Trinity Sunday.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.