Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Fall Branch Community Educational Center



Marker ID: THC 1A 104
Location: TN 93, Washington County, Fall Branch School
County: Washington
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

In 1842, a one-room brick building, known as the Seminary, opened in the Fall Branch Community. At the close of the Civil War, the building was destroyed by fire and facilities were provided by local churches. In 1889, the Fall Branch Educational Society had a four-room frame building constructed for the community's first graded school. In 1907, the school became a part of the Washington County School System. The community celebrated 150 years of continuous education in 1992.