Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Harpeth Church



Marker ID: THC 3D 23
Location: 3077 Hillsboro Rd, Brentwood, TN
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 36° 02.628    W 086° 52.000
  36.0438    -86.86666666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM8TJ
 



Text:

This church is built on ground donated by Samuel McCutchen, a Revolutionary war veteran who received it as part of a land grant. O.B.Hayes served as the first pastor; David Bell and Robert McCutchen were elders, and James McCutcheon was secretary. The church was housed in a log building from 1811 until 1836 when work on the present building began.



Tennessee Historical Commission