Historic Markers Across Tennessee



New Hope Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: THC 3D 61
Location: U.S. 431, Williamson County, 11 miles south of Franklin
County: Williamson
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Rev. Duncan Brown organized the Presbyterians in the Duck River Ridge region in 1806. The first log church, called Ridge Meeting House, was erected one mile south of here four years later; this was the first church south of Franklin in Williamson County. The congregation moved into a new frame building in 1829 and possibly changed the name to New Hope then. The third and present church was built in 1869.