Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Franklin Cumberland Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: THC 3D 66
Location: at the intersection of 7th Avenue South and West Main Street, Franklin, TN
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 35° 55.389    W 086° 52.374
  35.92315    -86.8729
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3NJG
 



Text:

Founded in 1871 as Franklin's first Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the cornerstone was laid on June 3, 1876. Designed by H.C. Thompson, architect of Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the church was dedicated on April 16, 1877, with the Rev. Thomas Dale serving as first minister. This Gothic revival church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Hincheyville Historic District in 1982.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.