Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Allen Manufacturing Company



Marker ID:  
Location: Franklin Rd. at Liberty Pike, Franklin, TN 
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 35° 55.968    W 086° 51.690
  35.9328    -86.8615
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM8V2
 



Text:

This complex of 10 Depression era buildings, with a total of 310,000 square feet, housed four different factories over its industrial lifetime. The buildings were built for the Allen Manufacturing Co. (stove manufacturers) in 1929. More than $100,000 worth of preferred stock was sold locally to finance their construction. After Allen Manufacturing went into receivership during the great Depression, Dortch Stove Works (1932 to 1955), Magic Chef (1855 to 1959) and Jamison Bedding Co. (1962 to 1991), successively occupied this site, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1997 to 1998, the complex was renovated by Franklin businessman, Calvin LeHew as a commercial, retail, an entertainment center.



Williamson County Historical Society