Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Bethesda



Marker ID:  
Location: 4905 Bethesda Rd, Thompsons Sta, TN
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 35° 45.938    W 086° 47.923
  35.76563333    -86.79871666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4NJP
 



Text:

Bethesda is a biblical name meaning "House of Mercy". Early family names is the area included Alexander, Bond, Blythe, Grigsby, Irvin, Sprott, Steele and Waddey. Beloved area physicians were Drs. Blythe, Core, Eggleston and Bennett. Gone but once thriving were Chrisman's broom factory, Mosley's sawmill, Scales' store and post office, and Waddey's chair factory. Masonic lodge 201 was organized in 1930. The community's first two school buildings were at the crossroads before the school moved to this hill in 1936. The Methodist Church, organized in 1832, moved to its present location in 1960. The Presbyterian Church was organize and built in 1879

Williamson County Historical Society.