Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Meeting of the Waters



Marker ID:  
Location: on Del Rio Pike east of Two Rivers Lane, Franklin, TN
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 35° 58.102    W 086° 55.230
  35.96836666    -86.9205
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM20HJ
 



Text:

This house, named for its location at the confluence of the Big Harpeth and West Harpeth rivers, was built in the early 1800s by Thomas Harden Perkins (1757-1838), Revolutionary War officer, Tennessee pioneer, planter, and ironmaster. It is on of five notable Perkins houses still standing in Williamson County. Inherited in 1838 by Perkin's daughter Mary and her husband, Nicholas "Bigbee" Perkins of Montpier, it passed to their son Nichloas Edwin in 1848. The house was place on the National Register of Historical Places in 1982.

Williamson County Historical Society