Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Triune United Methodist Church



Marker ID:  
Location: 7875 Nolensville Road, College Grove, TN
County: Williamson
Coordinates: N 35° 51.374    W 086° 39.505
  35.85623333    -86.65841666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4Y53
 



Text:

The Triune United Methodist Church origin goes back to King's Chapel, organized ca. 1815 a mile west. A brick building was built here in 1849 on the then-new highway. The Chruch was named Triune then the village, previously known as Hardman Cross Roads, soon took the same name. Burned by Union troops in 1863, the trustees James A Bostick, Samuel Perkins, James M. Peebles, Issac S. Page, Frank Hawkins, H.A. Roper, W.H. Mathews, James H. Glenn and John Page voted to rebuild on the old site. The present church was dedicated in 1874 the same year the cemetery was opened in the church yard.

Erected 1995 by Williamson County Historical Society The Family of John U. Wilson.