Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Wilson County Courthouses



Marker ID: THC 3A 183
Location: at the intersection of South Cumberland Street (U.S. 231) and West Main Street (Tennessee Route 24), Lebanon, TN
County: Wilson
Coordinates: N 36° 12.45    W 086° 17.483
  36.2075    -86.29138333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2BVA
 



Text:

The first courthouse stood on the west side of the public square. The second was located in the center of the square. In 1848 the third, designed by William Strickland, was erected on this site which was Lot No.2 (SW) of the Lebanon town lot plan of 1802. Used from 1854 until 1968, this building was replaced by a fourth when a new courthouse was built elsewhere.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.