|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Georgia
High Bluff Church
High Bluff Church, one mile South on this Road, was constituted June 30, 1819, on a high bluff overlooking the Big Satilla River, about 15 miles from here. In 1822, the church was moved to its present location, known as the ´Big Creek Meeting House´, and was called the Big Creek Church.
Later, the Piedmont Primitive Baptist Association ecognized the original title, High Bluff, and the church still bears that name.
GHM 013-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION